Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My personal forerunner!

Hello!

Apartment hunting hasn't been a walk in the park at all at all!! Hmmm...From one place that wanted us to pay a $60 non refundable fee for window blinds that look 10 years old, (rip off!!) to another place that I though was ok, until D pointed out the graffiti on the walls and the three patrol cars parked side by side.... we've seen all sorts!!!

The thing is, cos we have no credit history, no renting history and have no employment, they won't let to us... We found a place that didn't mind. They just wanted bank statements showing we had savings. We happily paid the $350 deposit, but then they called today to say our bank statement needed to show at least three months of recurring deposits!!! If we've been out of the country for 6 months and only just came back a week ago, how are we supposed to have made the deposits??? They'll only let to us if we have a co-signor. The thing is, I'm not a fan of asking anyone to put themselves on the line for me... I'm blessed to have had so many people help us one way or another since we came here last year, but most of the time, they offered by themselves and believe me, we have had a great deal of help. The one person that I felt comfortable asking just bought a new home, so she can't.

I was so discouraged after that call, I told D, you know what? let's get another short let like we did last year, keep putting money in the account for three months, and then we'll re-apply. Not a fantastic option, but better then living out of our boxes and not being able to unpack. Not long after, my friend B called. Her friend wanted a dress made. Nice, but I can only start sewing after we get a place.. Then she said "I completely forgot to tell you". "Tell me what?" I asked. She went on to tell me that her friend offered to co-sign for us. For real??? I had only met her friend a couple of times, in fact, I had completely forgotten her name!! I met her at a wedding I attended with B last year. On our way back from the wedding, B dropped her off. It turned out to be one of the places the apartment locator sent us to, so I called B to ask her if her friend liked the place and didn't have any problems with it. Well, turns out her friend loves the place and is willing to help us out.
Moral of the story? While I was sad and discouraged that one place rejected us, God had already raised help for us somewhere else and we didn't even know. We'll go look tomorrow and I'm positive it'll work out well.

Deutronomy 31:18 is my promise

"Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you."

Azzzzin, He's my personal forerunner!!! That's such a BIG deal!!
Maybe you've got expectations that aren't met yet... He'll sort you out. Remember, no test, no testimony. Not so easy when you're going through, I know... but this too shall pass. He helped me, He'll help you.

PS
Ok, so from the comments of my last post, I went back to research Michelle's "pregnancy".... I first heard the gist on twitter, then I read it Here and upon further research, I found out here that it's not true. Thanks to those who pointed it out. I stand corrected.

PPS
I took some pics of my own "Gbemskiluzi" special mouth watering "obe ata dindin" (fried stew) complete with shaki (tripe), liver, kidney, prawns and tins and tins I would like to share with you, but I don't know where to start searching for the phone to laptop cord this midnight! I'll dig it out when I wake up.... watch this space hehehehe ;o)

May your dreams come true xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. God is indeed awesome... but Gbemi why have you decided to make us salivate like this? Mentioning food and serving us none?
    take care dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this message. God is indeed awesome

    LOL @ P.E.T's comment about food

    Good luck with the flat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @PET
    He is, He is.. lol at serving you none. Pics coming up shortly

    @Naijamum
    Yes oh! He is. I doubt that we can say it enough. Thanks babe

    ReplyDelete

Do drop a line. Thanks...